Contacts, For Media, InterviewsForest Wind Truth
If you would like to learn more about Forest’s story, speak with a representative or resident from Forest, or speak to an expert about scientific research on the matter, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Winds of Change
Future uncertain for contested wind farm, but developers returning to Wisconsin
Nov 7, 2019
The West Side
Tiny town in the fight of its life. Big Energy won’t listen, will you?
Length: 29 seconds
Expert on Dangers of Wind Turbines
The True Cost of Wind Turbines and Wind Industry
Letters and Communications
- Town of Forest Urges Leeward to Stop Highland Wind Farm Project, Unanimous Town Board Tells CEO Allen Project Violates Corporate Values, March 21, 2021
- Rural Wisconsin Town and Residents are Unified in Opposition to Stalled Wind Farm Project, Doubts Leeward Energy’s Project Viability, November 17, 2020
- Town of Forest Works to Stop Dangerous Project, August 21, 2019
- Wisconsin town taking renewed action against Texas energy giant, Sept. 20, 2019, PRNewswire
- Wisconsin town fighting giant wind farm thinks developer has abandoned project, October 28, 2019, PRNewswire
- Small Wisconsin Town Spends More Than Half a Million Dollars Battling Texas-Based Leeward Energy, August 19, 2020
Fact Sheets and Resources
- Highland Wind Project – Town of Forest Timeline (provided by a Forest resident), August 23, 2019
- Mothers Against Turbines, MAWT is a non-profit, grassroots organization of mothers, parents and grandparents who have a focus on protecting children exposed to the effects of industrial wind turbines.
Wind Turbine Noise and Human Health:
A Four-Decade History of Evidence that Wind Turbines Pose Risks
“What is needed among the scientific community, local and national governmental agencies, and political leaders, is honest discourse about methods for reducing carbon emissions in ways that do not turn some rural communities into sacrifice zones.”